Monday, November 21, 2011

Thankful...

I'm sort of on the Facebook bandwagon with the updating everyone on what I'm thankful for.  
However, forgetting what we're thankful for happens every year, every month, every day.  So, I'm glad we have this month to remind ourselves of what we're thankful for in the past year and what we're thankful for right this very second.
Here are just a few of mine:


1.  My husband - he literally is my best friend and the best thing that has happened to me.  He is caring, thoughtful, unbelievably smart, kind and so funny! I'm so blessed that I have him. When so many other women struggle with their relationships, I can honestly say that I do not.  I have never second guessed my decision to say yes and I would do it again without hesitation.  
2.  My parents - I love my parents.  I'm so thankful for their 35-something year marriage that showed my sister and I what real love is.  They strove to give us a wonderful, safe home where we felt loved and never afraid.  I never heard them argue or fight.  They took us on vacations, showed us the world and put time and effort into my sister and I.  Most importantly, they showed us God's love.  Something I hope to give to my children.  Aside from all that, they're also real funny.  
3.  My job - I cannot tell you how blessed I am to have a job.  That sounds ridiculous but in reality so many people in this world do not have one and I do.  I get great benefits, flexibility and freedom and I do get to go to some cool places.  I also work for great people who build pretty neat buildings and do some really great things for our community.  They also put up with me when I'm grouchy and my people skills are lacking so I'm thankful for that too because it is not a small task to undertake (haha!).
4. My nephew - he's still so small but my little guy is so special! I love being an aunt and seeing him smile and laugh and grab at things is so great.  His little mind is turning and you can see it on his face.  I've never been someone who just sat around and wanted kids but J gives me new appreciation for babies and for children.  How special they are to God and what a gift children can be if you allow them to be.  It's also so unbelievable that I share DNA with such a tiny person.  Love him.
5.  My Sunday School class - 4 years ago I was searching for a church home.  I tried all the usual's but when I happened into Church of the Servant United Methodist Church, I felt like I was in the right place.   Matt and I have joined a Sunday school class that we have been a part of for 3 years now.  Sometimes, I feel like we're all on a big rocking cruise ship either actually "rocking" it out or being rocked by the waves of life.  I love to see how each of us has grown and where people are now in their lives.  I'm grateful for their prayers and deep thoughts on all parts of life but mostly for their friendship.  Such amazing people who I'm blessed to call friend...each of them.  No matter what.  I can't imagine not being a part of Water Walkers.


So that's my 5 for tonight.  I am now going to drink a glass of wine and have a serious discussion with my cat about appropriate behavior regarding the care and/or disposal of crickets.  Gross.
~ Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment