I have a relatively large travel bucket list and the UK was at the top. I'm a Brit at heart so it really was like going home. We decided to start our trip with a week in Edinburgh, Scotland. The first day was okay until we fell asleep due to jet lag about 3 p.m. on Monday afternoon! So here's a few photos of our "First Day" in Edinburgh.
| View of Edinburgh from Edinburgh Castle. Such an amazing city! I really don't have much to compare it too but it was just beautiful. |
| Entry into the VERY old castle. Interestingly enough it's actually still used as a fort today. The Black Watch and Royal Scottish Guard use it as their headquarters. |
| Inside of the royal apartments where Mary, Queen of Scots gave birth to James I . The fireplace itself was taller than me and the room retains all it's original woodwork and moldings. |
| Tiny marker outside St. Margaret's in the confines of the castle. |
| St. Colomba Window |
| St. Margaret's Chapel, the oldest surviving building in Edinburgh. Built by King David I of Scotland in honor of his sainted mother, Margaret. |
| My delicious pint of Welsh beer - VERY tasty! |
| St. Giles Cathedral |
| Absolutely beautiful church organ |
| Unbelievable ceiling. Matt and I both realized on this trip that these churches were built for God, not man. |
| Gorgeous park that used to be a lake in the center of Edinburgh. |
| Walter Scott Monument. He's a national hero! |
| Hubs outside the castle gate |
| Hubs with his beef pie! DO NOT let anyone tell you that the food's bad. We had amazing food every day! |
| Wine, homemade bread, olives |
No comments:
Post a Comment